Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Updates

Well blogging updates are certainly not getting done as frequently as I had anticipated, now that we are home. We still have had quite a bit of help this week, but we are starting to settle into a routine.

Alegria is breathing much better than when we first came home, and her feedings are also going much better. She is only infrequently spitting up after feedings now, so I am not having to constantly suction her mouth out which is a great relief. We have also stopped playing the what color is the baby game (which I don't think anyone will miss!) Since everything has been going so well, I have started trying to slowly reintroduce the bottle to her. Yesterday we tried twice, both with about equal success. She is only able to take a small portion of her milk via bottle before she tires herself out, but I am encouraged at least we are getting to try. She also got bumped up from 60cc to 65cc per feeding today, which only actually seemed to make her hungrier :-)

Feedings are only taking about an hour now every 3 hours. I am sleeping when I get a chance. This week hasn't been to difficult as my mom has been taking one to two shifts at night in between feed so I can get some sleep.

Friday we begin what we expect to be frequent doctor's appointments for Alegria. Friday we will meet the pediatriacian in Warsaw who will hopefully help to coordinate Ali's care. Then next Wednesday she will have a repeat ECHO and meet with the pediatric cardiologist in Ft. Wayne. While we are still in Ft. Wayne, we will be contacting the Cleft Palate Team with the results from the cardiologist to determine when we will proceed with the obturator.

As we begin meeting with more doctors, we have been informed that it is a very real possibility that we may begin to find more "midline" defects. We continue to rest and rely in the strength of our Great God. Our home has been flooded with such underscribable peace! We continue to take each day moment by moment without worry for tomorrow. As our pastor reminded me yesterday, God does not give tomorrow's grace today! My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Cor 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment