We have had a good, but long day meeting with lots of people from the cleft palete team here in Fort Wayne. Those meetings were all very encouraging. We have learned a lot today.
Alegria has had a more difficult day today than yesterday, but is still doing very well.
Her bilirubin has continued to rise and now has warranted additional light therapy which makes everything a bit more difficult as we are very limited as to how long we can hold her.
She also has had a difficult time eating today (probably related to the bilirubin problems). Her O2 levels dropped significantly during 2 successive feedings, so we had to resort back to the gavage feeding tube which was disappointing.
I (Jill) have been having a difficult time making myself slow down and rest. Unfortunately my swelling has not improved today. I am trying realize the need to make sure I am taking care of my own needs so that I can better help my daughter. Dad on the otherhand is finding no difficulty resting when Alegria is resting :)
Tomorrow Alegria will get an IV started at 8 am for her 3 pm procedure where they will make the mold for her prosthesis.
While there is talk we may still be able to go home Saturday evening, we will just have to wait and see.
Continuing to praise God and trust His plan.
Jill and Al
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment