Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Fearfully and Wonderfully Made Little Girl




Psalm 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Alegria Elizabeth
was born 2/9 at 11:28 am
6 lb 7 oz - 19 inches

Some of this may be a repeat for some of you, but now that we have figured out the wifi, I wanted to make sure you all know what is going on...

First of all thank you all so much for your prayers. There is so much to say and tell, but first let me tell you how amazing God's hand, timing, and provision have been throughout this week. There is certainly an amazing story I will share soon, but for now I will just give you the highlights and ask for your continued prayers (they have truly been felt and seen). She did not tolerate laborwell, so we started induction and antibiotics and discussed C-section. Thankfully she was able to be born naturally still, and thankfully the GBS did not actually end up being an issue. The issue we are dealing with now is that she has a unilateral complete cleft palate and lip. We are working with some great staff and doctors to learn what we need to care for her. I am not really able to nurse her and right now we are having some issues getting her to take the bottle well as she is tiring very quickly. If all goes well, we willtransfer her to a larger hospital today so that they can get her fitted for an obturator (prosthetic palate). We have a long road ahead, but we are just thanking God for a healthy baby!

We do have internet access in our room at the hospital right now, and I will try to keep everyone updated as we get time (or let Kim keep helping out with that as she has done a great job- THANKS!)

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment