Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Today I am tired...

...Not tired because I didn't get enough sleep last night, and not really tired just because I have been in the hospital for 10 days now. This morning I realized that while I had been trusting in God to manage all of the BIG things like the cleft palate and heart/lungs, I have been starting to try to manage all of the smaller things in my own strength. I have seen God's hand directing all of the steps along the way (even the smallest details), but somewhere along the way when we began to turn the corner and everything seemed to be flowing smoothly, I thought I could handle it myself...

Well in my own strength, I have become more anxious, grouchy, and tired. So today I remember that God is sovereign, that he has everything under control, and I can trust that He will direct our every step.

We have so much to rejoice in!!! Our little girl is doing so well, and we are looking forward to going home soon. Now we just wait as God works out all the little details left in bringing her home.

If you all would please pray for us, specifically in relation to the bottle feedings which have come with mixed results and some frustration so far. We believe that they can have much better results and are placing our trust in God that He will guide all of us and give Alegria the strength to work this all out in his time.

Today we wait for the cardiologist to assess Alegria and share with us the details of the 2nd ECHO. Then there are more details to be worked out with a car seat test, possible sleep apnea test, training and nurse support for at home gavage feedings, and possibly at home oxygen. Pray that God would help me to be patient amidst all of the excitement of getting to go home soon!

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Jill and Al, Alegria is adorable!! I've been praying about the bottle feedings today and will continue to do so. Hopefully you'll be able to go home soon!

    "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
    unto him be glory..." Ephesians 3:20-21A

    ReplyDelete