I certainly wouldn't have complained if we had been given 30 or 40... or even 50 years, but we were only given 27 months. 27 precious months with our sweet Alegria.
This is not what WE wanted. This is not how *I* would have written this story, but you see it was never MY story to begin with.
We had so many hopes and dreams. We looked forward to spending the summer outside, enjoying the beautiful sunshine. I looked forward to the day she would sit completely unassisted. The day she would take her first steps. Maybe, just maybe, even speak her first words. We looked forward to buying her an Ipad and communication software, hoping this would help her to communicate better. I dreamed of bike rides with special tandem bikes made for special kids like Ali. Maybe a special family vacation from the Make-A-Wish foundation like many of the other families with medically fragile children have taken.
But this was not in God's plans for us.
Our Great God of infinity wisdom, who works all things for our good and His glory said no.
27 months was always His plan.
And so he bottles up each tear I shed. And he weeps with those who weep. And He comforts me amidst this storm.
We see through the glass dimly now. Sometimes it is hard to see. Its hard to understand how only 27 months was best when we longed for soooo much more. But someday we WILL see. This was always best and it was always for our good and His glory.
Monday, June 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment