This new tooth/teeth has made for a fussy little baby over the last week. One tooth is through now, but I think she is trying to cut a second all ready! I am expecting it is just a foretaste of the fussiness we may face with the upcoming surgeries. She does NOT like pain!
Despite all of the fussiness, Alegria is growing and changing very quickly lately. She is trying very hard to sit up these days and she lifts her head and shoulders up off my lap from a inclined position. We continue to praise God that she grows stronger each day!
Next week she is scheduled for a repeat ECHO and cardiology appointment. It has been almost 5 months since her last ECHO. I am very interested to see what her heart looks like these days.
Another wonderful praise, our church has offered to pay for the entire cost of Alegria's newest piece of equipment, the Enteralite Infinity feeding pump. I am so thankful for ebay too because we were able to purchase this pump brand new for less 25% of the list price! It has made night feedings much easier, although I do still need to be alert enough to operate the machine ;-) We have encountered several nights with techinical difficulties due to a sleepy mommy where I thought she was being feed when in actuality she was not. Alegria soon woke me up though to let me know she was not getting any milk and that she was still hungry! A couple of other very nice things about this new pump, one is that when she is having a very fussy, difficult day (such as cutting teeth) I can just slow down her feeding very easily by changing the dose. This makes it much easier to still get in enough calories for the day without fighting with her to try to get them all in. Although I do still hold her for the majority of her daytime feeds (just like I did when I nursed her siblings) I can also put her down and still feed her. This is extremely helpful when we are pushed for time trying to get ready to go somewhere or even so I can cook supper easily.
God continues to answer our prayers for Alegria. Looking back at my prayer requests last month, I asked for prayers that "The new g-tube will significantly help the reflux." I am grateful to tell you that Ali has not projectile vomited since we changed the g-tube! The reflux has been almost eliminated. She still spits up what I would consider normal amounts on occasion, but nothing like she was before. Often she is able to clear these small amounts on her own, though I do still keep a watchful eye on her for those few times she still needs suctioned out. She is also tolerating more air in her stomach and needing burped less frequently.
It has also been over a month since she last needed the ambu bag! I can not begin to tell you what a great blessing this is!!!
Prayer Requests
Continued wisdom and direction for our every step and decision.
Strength and quick healing for Ali as we face this upcoming surgery.
That God would continue to help Ali grow healthy and strong.
For the results of the ECHO next week, please pray that this will show Alegria's heart continues to grow stronger also!
Thank you all for your love, prayers, and encouragement! Guess this wasn't so quick afterall ;-)
Jill
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment