Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Plans for surgery

Now that Algeria's reflux is almost completely resolved and she is doing so well, last weekend we began to talk about when to schedule surgery. It is recommended to have the first surgery before her first birthday, but all the variables involved were a bit overwhelming for me at first. Part of me would love to postpone this surgery as long as possible, but the other side sees how interested she is in eating orally and would love to make it easier for her. We prayed and asked God for wisdom.

We decided that it would be best to avoid the holidays for surgery and recovery, so then that meant either have the surgery before November or wait until January. My sister is due in January with her 3rd AND 4th babies (yup twins) so that didn't sound like the most convenient time either. So that leaves October.

I had numerous questions for the surgeon before we proceeded this time as I have learned a lot since we first attempted scheduling her lip surgery for April. His nurse answered all of my questions and I really liked the answers I got, so we are planning for surgery in mid to late October. It will be in Ft. Wayne again. I will post the date as soon as it is actually scheduled.

Jill

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying! I really enjoyed your "Introducing Ali" post and am so glad she still likes her WubbaNub. :)

    ReplyDelete