Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Introducing Ali...

Many of you may have been reading this blog from the beginning, but I recently realized a lot of the focus has been on Ali's medical needs. Lately, her personality has really begun to show, and I thought I might try to give you a glimpse of who our precious Alegria is...

Two bible verses came to mind when I began to formulate the post:

Psalm 30:5 Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. KJV
Por la noche durará el lloro, y a la mañana vendrá la alegría. Reina Valera

Lamentations 3:22-23 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. KJV

Alegria loves the morning! She seems to completely bask in God's new mercies each morning. It doesn't matter how rough the day was before or how little sleep we got during the night, she awakes each morning full of joy and energy!

Things Ali loves:
Mornings
Showers-
Showers are a close second to mornings on Ali's list of favorite things. She gets a shower every morning, and it doesn't matter if she is starting to get fussy and tired, as soon as gets in the shower she starts wiggling, cooing, and looking all around.
Kisses

Cooing

Her Wubbanub-






Anything she can put in her mouth
- This includes anything from the side of her pacifier, her wubbanub stuffed animal, my fingers, her fingers, her blanket, her towel, or even her feeding tube
Classical music-
Her sisters love to turn on her classical music Pandora Radio Station for her when she is fussy.
Bright Lights

Looking at Mom's Cell Phone light up in the dark -We found this out by accident one night when she was fussy and not wanting to sleep. When I opened the flip phone, she immediately stopped fussing and started watching the family picture on the phone.
Attempting to nurse- She still certainly is not consuming enough this way to sustain her, but she loves to try. Last week was her longest attempt yet, and every time I tried to burp her or switch to the g-tube she kept rooting wanting to nurse longer.

Things she does NOT enjoy:
Loud noises
Being woke up from a nap
Reflux
Dirty Diapers
Pain

Car Rides

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like such a joy. I wish I could meet her in real life. :)

    ReplyDelete