Saturday, August 1, 2009

Alegria's new bumbo seat

Alegria testing out her new Bumbo seat.


According to www.bumbobabyseat.com, "This revolutionary infant chair is uniquely designed according to the baby’s posture. The Bumbo enables babies to sit upright all by themselves! Bumbo Baby Seats are suitable for babies from as soon as they can support their own heads unaided until they can get out of the seat on their own." I remembered seeing this product advertised a few years ago and wondered if it might work for Alegria. I asked other parents of children with trisomies, and they all said yes it worked well, so we decided to try it. She still isn't quite strong enough to sit for very long, but she is very close! (I did put a neck roll around her neck to help her support it just a bit.)

The new tube is working wonderfully! While she still spits up small amounts occasionally, she has not vomited since before we changed the tube on Tuesday! It is MUCH easier to burp her now!
Praise God! I even tried nursing her while venting her stomach today (leaving the feeding tube open to allow all the gas to escape) and it worked wonderfully! I am hoping to be able to work a bit more with her orally now that we can actually burp her effectively and not add to the painful bloating!

God is good!
Jill

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!! I am so happy that Ali's new tube seems to be working so much better for her.

    Bumbo seats are great. :) Our baby really liked hers.

    I love your new background and banner--so sweet! I know your blog is an encouragement to many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!! I am so happy Ali's new tube is working much better and the bumbo seat sounds great! Continually keeping Ali and the entire family in my prayers.

    Love, Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture! She is such a sweet big girl! Where is the neck roll from, by the way? It looks like it works well.

    I am so glad the tube is working well. I am still in awe that she is nursing. WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete