Alegria took 1 oz from the bottle twice today!!
Since Alegria was taking the pacifier so well, today I decided to let her just suck on one of the bottle nipples without any milk in it to see how she would react. So I stuck one on the end of my finger, and let her suck on that, and she took it just as well as the pacifier. After letting her try that for a little while, I decided to try to add the milk and see what she would do. She took it like she had been drinking a bottle all along!!! She was calm and content without any screaming or choking! I WAS SO EXCITED!! She worked at it for about a half hour before she tuckered out, but she drank an entire OUNCE. She has not done that since we had to put her on oxygen 5 weeks ago! Then she did it again at the next feeding. I am so encouraged and hopeful! These last two feedings were the best she has ever had! She is being fed just a little over 3 oz (95 ccs) every 3 hours, so she took 1/3 of her feeding from the bottle!Praising God for His grace and mercies!
Jill
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Psalm 103:1-2


No comments:
Post a Comment