Around bedtime last night, I finally started to feel some relief from this nasty stomach bug, and I was drinking every moment in as I peacefully lay falling asleep in my sweet husband's arms for the first time in many days. But as I was laying there, I also felt this dull physical pain somewhere deep inside. It wasn't anything alarming just one of those expected pains as I recover from this miscarriage, and yet it reminded me of the physical emptiness of my womb and the emotional pain I had pushed aside in order to make it through the physical difficulty's of the week.
As I lay there completely enjoying the comfort of my husband's tender embrace, suddenly the grief overwhelmed me and tears began to fill my eyes. I thought about this sweet baby and I thought of all that I will miss. Most of all I miss the privilege of knowing this sweet child. I will never know Taavi's sweet giggle. I will never know how Taavi likes his eggs. I will also never know that special bond of feeling Taavi's soft skin against mine as I nurse him to sleep. Taavi will never sit a our family dinner table making lots of noise with the rest of her siblings. I will never watch as the Taavi lightens up the entire room with his sweet silliness. And I never even got to know her sweet kick against the side of my belly. I wanted to know this child.
But God knew Taavi.
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee... Jeremiah 1:5 KJV
God knows Taavi. And He created this child for His purpose. This child IS a blessing.
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 19:14 KJV
And someday I too will know Taavi.
How very softly
you tiptoed into my world.
Almost silently;
Only a moment you stayed.
But what an imprint
Your footprints have left
On our hearts.
--Author Unknown
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment