Thursday, April 12, 2012

On my mind...

It's hard to believe it's already been almost 11 months since we said goodbye to Ali, and yet it seems like a lifetime ago.

My memories of her are painfully muted.  I don't remember a lot that I wish I could.  Still she has been on my mind a lot lately.

Every time I see someone with special needs, I am reminded of all that I miss of sweet Ali.  Last weekend at Walmart, it appeared that is must have been some sort of outing day for the local residential care facility.  It seemed in almost every aisle there were pairs of adults with special needs being escorted by their caregivers.  It struck my heart, and as much as I was drawn to them, I also just wanted to cry.  I miss her.

I know I have been strangely quiet here lately.  Life has been extraordinarily busy.  We are still struggling to adjust to our new schedule change.

There is still a lot I had planned to write.  I had intended to write about Ali's final days.  I thought it would be helpful for both for my children to read in the future, for my readers who might be going through similar circumstances, and for myself.  But it has usually been very difficult to think back to those days.  Lately they have been on my mind a lot though.

As we approach the anniversary of her death next month, I am sure there is a lot that will be on my mind.  Hopefully some of that I will take the time to write down and share here.  It always seems to help when I do.



1 comment:

  1. 11 months wow. My heart goes out to you all Jill. We still mourn with you.Every blessing, The Adams

    ReplyDelete