Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Holding steady

Ali is mildly sedated with versed. Her heart rate is still high at 180. Her vent is set at 30 breaths per minute but her respirations are in the 50s. She is getting 45% oxygen and is satting at 100. She is still obviously working hard to breathe. Her diagnosis is congestive heart failure with a cardiac arrest. Have not yet received the EEG report from neuro.

Enjoying every moment spent kissing and caressing her right now. Reminded of this chorus...

I wanna give her the world.
I wanna hold her hand.
I wanna be her mom for as long as I can
and I wanna live every moment until that day comes.
I wanna show her what it means to be loved. Mark Schultz.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update. We will continue to hold up Ali and all of you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying very hard for you all- Love, Ed and Pam Beery

    ReplyDelete
  3. {{{{Jill}}}}
    We are praying for your sweet Ali and your family.

    The Seargeant Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alonso and Jill,

    I sent out a request for prayer to people in my school and our church this morning. Mita is doing likewise. I sent some of the responses to your email. We will continue to pray.

    Love to everyone.
    Mita and Pito

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue to pray for you all. I sent an email through the church prayer chain yesterday and am also having other family and friends pray.
    Take Care,
    Chris Rust

    ReplyDelete