Wednesday, May 25, 2011

His mercies are new every morning...

There is so much on my heart. I don't know exactly how to share it all.

Lamentations 3:22-23  It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Today is a new day. Today now that all the business of funeral preparations are over, we have to face the new normal. Alegria's smiling face is no longer here to brighten our day.

It feels as though I am forgetting details much too quickly. But I realize that in order to remember I must be willing to feel the loss and pain. You can't have one without the other. If I try not to feel the pain, I can't also try to remember Ali. So today I'm again giving myself permission to grieve.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

  1. Jill, I'm glad you are allowing yourself to grieve. Look to Jesus for your comfort. We prayed for you this morning. Love in Christ, Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear dear Jill. We are thinking of you and praying for you today. There is no easy way to travel the road you are on...but we know that you are not without Hope. We pray the children are getting along gently...
    Blessings, The Adams

    ReplyDelete