Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quick Update...

Overall, Alegria is doing much better than a month or two ago, but this week has had its ups and downs for sure. And we again dealt with more reflux than last week.

Her reflux was doing really well with the elimination diet, UNTIL I started trying to add things back. It is certainly a lot of learning by trial and error! I am trying to figure out right now how I can get some vitamins back into our diet without upsetting her tummy. She doesn't seem to tolerate the EFAs in pill or liquid form, but seems to be tolerating salmon which is very high in EFAs, so I am eating lots of salmon these days :-)

But she continues to grow stronger each day and it is such a joy to see her learning new things. This week she tracked a toy with her eyes as we shook it in front of her and she is beginning to gain coordination and strength in her neck muscles.

I love watching our next youngest daughter Anica (21 months) play with her little sister. She calls "Ali Ali" and then shows her a book or brings her a kitten to see. She loves giving her kisses too which is very sweet!

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Aww..That is so cute. Im happy that she is able to track more with her eyes, and gaining more muscles in her neck.

    ReplyDelete