Thank you all for your continued prayers and encouragement!
We have monitored Alegria very closely since the episode yesterday, and she did very well last night and continues to do well today. This is such a blessing! Her oxygen saturation has stayed in the high 90's. She has not had any more vomiting, and she has been in such a good mood. Cooing and wiggling all over the place!
I am truly thankful for all the equipment we have available to us! I had wondered how I would react in an emergency since we had not had to actually use the oxygen/ambu bag since we received the training in April. Praise God the children and I all worked together to accomplish exactly what needed to be done. The whole episode lasted less than 5 minutes I would estimate. It only took one blow of the ambu bag to get her to start breathing on her own and she immediately pinked back up and was at 100% Saturation once we got the oximeter on her. While it was extremely intense and I hope to never have to do it again, I am at the same time very thankful that the last episode was over 3 months ago. When we last left the hospital, we were talking about the frequency being measured in how many times per DAY or WEEK!!! I have also communicated with other parents whose children have trisomy 13 who have had to use the ambu bag far more frequently than us, so honestly as overwhelming as it was, Alegria is still doing great!
This episode was again directly related to the vomiting, complicated by the fact I also had switched an attachment on the suction machine which did not seem to work as well unfortunately. Last night I ordered several new (hopefully better) attachments (Thanks again Connie!) Also switching out the button next week should hopefully reduce/eliminate the episodes of reflux/vomiting by making it possible to constantly decompress her stomach.
Ali continues to visibly grow stronger each day. Please continue to pray that God would continue to help her grow healthy and strong!
Thanks,
Jill
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment