Friday, November 4, 2011

Dreams of Ali

I had a vivid dream of Ali this week. The most significant thing about it was that it was the first dream I've had about her since she died.

It was an extremely vivid dream and I remembered many of the details after I awoke. The dream was of the last time she was in the hospital, except everything was different. It wasn't even the same hospital. This hospital wasn't nearly as nice as Lutheran and neither was the staff.

But in my dream when Ali opened her eyes she actually responded to me (unlike that fixed, distant look I saw those final days.) I was so excited that it seemed as though she might recover...

I actually woke up thankful. I was thankful to have had a dream about my sweet girl and I was hopeful that maybe more of the memories would start to flood back.

After Ali died, it often seemed as though most of the memories I could access revolved around her last hospital stay (the memories I wanted to remember the LEAST). Maybe this dream is just another way of working through that grief.



Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment: