Monday, October 17, 2011

The Table Center Piece


I think in someways you could liken Ali to a center piece on the table.  The table may be functional and even beautiful by itself, but a simple center piece still just adds so much to it.  It brightens the room and adds character.

In April I refinished our dining room table.  The finish had been horribly destroyed.  I sanded and I stained and I polished.  And the table turned out beautiful.



After Ali died, her presence at that table was sorely missed.  She always made us laugh and smile while she played with everyone's forks.  We decided it would be nice to put her picture on the table, but a simple frame wouldn't work because not everyone would be able to see it.

Before vacation, I finally finished Ali's center piece.  I sanded and stained and polished it, just like the table. Then I filled it with some of my favorite photos. And now it is just the perfect center piece!  I am so excited to have finished it!!!  It really completes the table perfectly!




2 comments:

  1. What a great idea about the centerpiece! You did a wonderful job! We continue to pray for your comfort and thank you for the example you are.

    ReplyDelete