Monday, October 17, 2011

How are we?

So I didn't actually get around to posting this weekend.  :-D

Life has certainly been busy, but good.

Lots of people still ask how we are doing.  My quick answer is always good, and that is true.  We are doing good, better than I honestly expected.  We still miss her lots though and some days/moments are certainly still harder than others.

I don't break down in heaving sobs or angry fits.  I would say I'm honestly probably more frequently teary eyed than I was a couple months ago though.  It isn't a consuming grief that I wallow in, but rather just a simple sadness at missing the time with my sweet girl.

On vacation, we went to an open air camp Sunday service.  The hymns were more difficult than usual to sing.  Tears kept filling my eyes. All of the hymns ended focusing on heaven, and that kept making me think of my Ali and of that day when we will meet again.

So yes we are still doing good, and yes it is still hard, but God has been faithful to us, and He continues to carry us even in those moments when the grief is the hardest.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. I guess its always 'good' and its always 'hard'. Not sure if that ever changes. I know how you 'feel' though in such a very lesser degree.

    ReplyDelete