Monday, October 17, 2011

Ali's drawer.

Ariel is walking AND running AND climbing EVERYWHERE now.  She certainly keeps all busy chasing her and keeping an eye on her.  I turn around and she off running to another room.

Several times over the last couple weeks I've found her in our bedroom.  She's always in the bottom drawer of her dresser, the dresser she and Ali had shared.

When Ali died, I moved all of Ali's clothes and things to that bottom drawer.  I wasn't really sure what to do with all her clothes.  It was/is still painful to see Ariel wear the ones with lots of memories tied to them.  I thought about attempting to make a quilt out of them all, but I haven't really decided yet.  The practical side of me says I should just let Ariel wear those nice warm jammies that once were her sister's, but the sentimental side of me isn't so sure yet.

Seeing Ariel going to that drawer and getting into all her sister's things honestly brought a smile to my face though.  She seemed to have a lot fun getting out all Ali's clothes, as she has continued to go back to that drawer.

It is obvious she still misses her too.  She waves to Ali's pictures now. And she gets very excited whenever we lift her up to see them.

We all grieve differently, but I think even babies still grieve.

1 comment:

  1. Ugg. Jill I didnt know that babies grieved, but now I would certainly agree that they do. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete