Monday, October 12, 2009

Praising God once again and proceeding with surgery

I have another amazing story to share of God's provision, but first let give you a bit of background info...

Alegria is scheduled for surgery 10/20. We are uninsured but members a Samaritan ministries (a Christian medical need sharing ministry). It typically takes 2 months to receive reimbursement from the ministry.

But in order to get receive a discount from the hospital, they expect payment within 7 days. In the past, we have just negotiated a loan through the hospital with a local bank. Because my husband lost his job just last week, we can not secure a loan. I have spent the last week trying to negotiate something myself and have made little progress. The hospital would be willing to significantly discount her hospitalization and charge us a set fee of $4500, but we still had no way to pay up front.

This afternoon I just prayed that God would provide the $4500, or make it clear that we needed to postpone surgery. I had a call into the Financial Counselor at the hospital who we have dealt with previously, and when she returned my call I asked if we had any other options. I was not willing to pursue any of the options she gave (such as asking someone else to secure the loan), and I told her I needed to talk to my husband but that it looked like we would need to postpone surgery until he found a job or we could make other financial arrangements. She was very compassionate and did not want us to postpone surgery. If we could offer a good faith payment, she would go to the CFO and ask him to give us the 2 months for Samaritan to reimburse us. Al and I talked and came up with an amount we could offer. She took it to the CFO and he agreed with the plan saying that he did not want to see us delay surgery!

I am absolutely amazed!!! God has once again shown himself to us amidst an impossible situation. Every dealing we have had with the hospital over the last 8 months, we have been told there is no other option than to pay in full within 7 days, and yet God has seen fit to work out all the details once again!

While I was on the phone with the financial counselor, I received a voicemail. A good local company was calling to SET UP AN INTERVIEW with my husband for Wednesday!!! I am just in awe right now of God's goodness and mercy!

Jill, who is just ecstatic and amazed!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God!!!! This is a great example of how God answers our prayers.

    Love, Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. God will always work things out ... We love you ... the jeffcoats'

    ReplyDelete