Friday, May 18, 2012

One Year Ago


One year ago today, everything changed.  One of our greatest fears became reality.  In just the blink of an eye, Ali went from thriving to dying. 


Just the week before she was gaining weight and full of energy.  She soaking in the spring sunshine and enjoying every moment outside.  I vividly remember her scooting around the driveway in walker with a huge smile on her face.  I had tried to take a picture on my phone, but they were all overexposed by the extremely bright sunshine.


Just a few days later, a virus had begun to rapidly ravage her heart.  Monday afternoon we discovered her heart was twice its normal size and by Wednesday evening she had passed into eternity.


It seems so long ago now- a lifetime ago honestly.


So much has changed in the past year.  God blessed us with yet another child and also chose to take that wee one home to heaven too. It will be one month ago tomorrow that we found out that I was inevitably miscarrying our Taavi Shiloh. 


Today I can not help but to think of both of my children in heaven.  But today we have chosen not to focus on their deaths or our grief.  It is not a day of weeping.  Today we remember and celebrate both Ali and Taavi's lives and we thank God for these two precious blessings in our lives.  

1 comment: