Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Improving!!!

Praise God Ali's fever broke last night. She is smily and more energetic. She also went about 15 hours between vomiting.

Here comes one of the challenging parts with Ali. It is difficult to really to tell when the sickness ends and when we are just left dealing with its aftermath. At this point I'm more inclined to think we are just left dealing with Ali's sensitive digestive tract. It ALWAYS takes quite a few days (sometimes weeks) to get her eating normally after a stomach bug.

Oh how I hate it when Ali gets sick and loses weight. But I can honestly say I am truly thankful this time. This time I can clearly see how God used several different circumstances (including Ali being sick) to get me to reassess Ali's diet. Last night after the girls were asleep and Al was very late at work, I spent some time looking at the ingredients I've been feeding her. I started a brand new spreadsheet and looked at the nutritional data from a completely fresh start. This time it was very clear to me that I had been focusing so much on calorie content that had missed the bigger picture and it appears that just 2 or 3 minor adjustments will make a huge difference! PRAISE GOD for this answered prayer!!! I have been praying that He would give me the wisdom needed to help her gain weight. Now I pray He would enable her to gain! :-)

One seemingly silly prayer request. Would you please pray that God would enable and teach Ali to burp on her own? Yup burp. Alegria still has never learned to burp so if the pressure builds up enough she will just vomit instead. The only other way to prevent this is by venting through her feeding tube. This works only if I realize she needs burped and then have time to literally drain her stomach contents to let the trapped gas out. Anyway it would be such a huge blessing for her to learn to burp on her own!!!

As always thanks for your prayers! Tomorrow is Alegria's 2nd Birthday!!! YAY!!!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment