Monday, August 23, 2010

Up and Down...

Well Alegria has improved a lot but it also seems to change from day to day. Last Thursday she looked great, but then that night was really rough. She had a great morning Saturday but then was coughing a lot as the afternoon progressed. Thankfully her O2 sats have been staying more consistently in the 90s even without the albuterol!

We are beginning to think all of this is due in part to seasonal allergies. Here locally the pollen counts have been topping the charts nationally- our area being listed as the worst in the nation more than once in the last two weeks :-( Many people are complaining of unusually bad allergies right now. I know my sinuses have felt terrible lately and I can only imagine how it would affect Ali's sinuses. She has had a lot of difficulty coordinating sucking her thumb, breathing, and swallowing with these respiratory issues.

In other news, Ali has started become very discontented that she is not as mobile as she would like. She still is not able to sit unsupported, but yet she is continually trying to pull herself out of her swing or any other seat she is sitting in. Her arms are getting very strong and she is pulling herself up in her seat by grabbing the side, front, or attached toys. :-/ I keep telling her if she doesn't want to sit in a seat then she needs to learn to sit by herself :-D I laid her on the ground today and she rolled from her stomach in a complete circle back to her stomach again. It is so much fun to watch her developing!!!

It has been over a month since Ali had her palate surgery. Her stitches have all dissolved now and it is amazing to see her complete palate. I am looking forward to working with her more orally once this allergies/cough pass!

Almost forgot to mention that Ali's granulation tissue is thankfully drastically improved.  Still not completely healed by any means but improving none the less!!! :-D

One more thing to celebrate... Ali turned 1 1/2 this month! Wow time has flown! I am so thankful for how well she is doing and what a great joy and blessing she is to us!!!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment