Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Round 3 of antibiotics...

Since Alegria spiked such a high fever last night (104'F) our doctor felt that she is actually battling something bacterial now, and so he ordered her a round of antibiotics. This is her 3rd round of antibiotics in less than 2 months (1st for pneumonia then after surgery) which is certainly more antibiotics than I would prefer, but I am trusting our doctor's instincts on this one. I am so very thankful we are still at home and she is not showing any obvious signs of pneumonia either.

So Ali's fever did break this morning. Her breathing is much improved as is her oxygen saturation. When listening to her lungs it does sound like there is congestion in the upper airways but the albuterol seems to help a lot with opening up her airways. She is very cranky and whiny and her cough sounds terrible, but she looks so much better than she did Monday.

I still expect it to be a matter of days to a full week before she is over this infection. I am hoping and praying that she continues to improve. Please do continue to pray that it will not go into pneumonia again!

Thanks,
Jill

P.S. Big sister Anica is doing much better today too! She claims she is all better (not quite but certainly improved!)

No comments:

Post a Comment