Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Ups and Downs

Alegria is thankfully tolerating breastmilk now which is a great blessing.  Unfortunately she is sounding a bit stuffed up today, I am hoping and praying this is just do to the swelling which did increase again today.  She is very cranky and obviously still very uncomfortable too.

This is the message I posted on Facebook tonight...Praising God Ali is able to tolerate breastmilk again!!! After not even tolerating even pedialyte yesterday morning, this is a huge praise. Hopefully tomorrow we can try baby food again. She is still breathing fairly well and has been off oxygen for almost 36 hours now! Ali is still in obvious discomfort though,but she is alert and playful. She looks a bit more swollen too now that we aren't battling dehydration.

Only moments later she started desating... Then this evening her oxygen sats have been all over the place, never staying low long enough to warrant putting her back on oxygen again YET though.  Thankfully she is sleeping quietly now, and after burping her (yes this does cause breathing issues for her at times) and putting her to bed on her reflux wedge, her o2 sats have been beautiful.  There is so much to be thankful for today, and yet this minor setback has been very discouraging for me.  Please continue praying for Ali's full recovery and for me as I do my best to care for her during this time of recuperation! 

Also my stomach is very upset tonight.  This is not a good thing as I NEED to be able to care for Ali and she NEEDS to stay healthy.  Please pray I will get over this quickly and that it is not something contagious!!! Pray that Alegria will continue to improve and stay healthy and strong!!!

Thanks again for the prayers.
Jill

2 comments: