Alegria is not recuperating as quickly as I'd like from this cough. The cough is still pretty rough though possibly slightly less frequent, but now she's running a fever. This unfortunately could be symptomatic of something like strep or a secondary infection. Her reflux is extremely aggravated from the coughing too. On the positive side her oxygen sats look good though and she is still a very happy and playful little girl (at least much of the time). Still I expect we will likely be seeing the doctor in the morning for at least antibiotics. I have often asked what to watch for when managing an upper respiratory infection at home, and one of the things our doctor has always mentioned is a fever that doesn't show up for several days after the start of the respiratory infection.
Today and tomorrow Al is absolutely swamped at work too as all the big shots from corporate are here for the quarterly meeting with the hospital management. This means I am pretty much on my own with all 8 of the children unless it is an actual emergency.
As for good news, Alegria has been increasingly more playful, energetic, and CURIOUS this past month. She wants to touch, feel, and taste every new thing she encounters. She still laughs and smiles all the time too. She is trying hard to sit up, and loves to sit in my lap with my hands around her waist helping her to balance.
She has gained back almost all the weight she lost with the GI bug last month. And this week was the first time I actually made her food myself. She had been receiving baby food through her g-tube for several months now, but this week I actually bought her fresh fruit and veggies and made her food myself with the blender. This was very exciting and she seemed to tolerate the new food very well!
Please pray for Ali and please pray wisdom and peace for me (and the doctor too).
Jill
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I've been praying and will continue to pray! Thank you for the updates and for sharing the ultrasound of your new little one, too!
ReplyDelete