Friday, June 18, 2010

Another Nasty Cough

Apparently according to blogger I've used the title "Nasty Cough" before...

Ali is happy, cute, and playful today, but she has a nasty cough which in turn aggravates her reflux.  She is not horribly sick, she has been much sicker before for sure, and yet this nasty cough has completely drained me today.  I've held her most of the day cuddling, not because she is coughing so frequently but just because when she does start it is a very hard cough, one which often causes her to reflux and then it is so important to make sure she is able to clear that.  I've had to slow her feedings way down again because it helps to keep her from vomiting when the coughing starts.

So night I am lying in bed listening to her cough, waiting for my husband to come home from work, and trying to relax after a long tiresome day, one in which I was honestly very grouchy and short-tempered.  I read a message from a friend whose family is dealing with some heart-wrenching grief right now, and she links to a blog.  A mother who lost her dear daughter suddenly a couple years ago.  She talks about gratitude and I realize I have been anything but grateful lately.  I yet once again am trying to walk this in my own strength and failing miserably, when will I learn?

In the midst of it all, Ali starts coughing again and needs suctioned out this time.  Sweet little girl that she is, she loves being held her momma, and her grouchy "I feel miserable" mood fades instantly.  I suction her out (which she typically hates and complains about) but tonight being playful and cute, Ali seems to think the suction machine is a fun toy... she was trying to help me by pulling it out of her mouth and then putting it back in... sticking her tongue out so that it would suction her tongue.

Yes there is much to be thankful for even amidst big trials, and certainly amidst this little one. Still I am praying God would allow this cold to pass quickly and restore Ali to health again soon!


Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment