Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quick Prayer Request

Now that we have surgery scheduled, we begin trying to make all the arrangements and negotiations.  As we have chosen to a part of Samaritan Ministries (which I love) instead of health insurance, negotiating with the hospital is a bit more time consuming.  Right now I am working with the same great hospital financial counselor we worked with for Ali's last two hospitalizations.  Basically the way this works best is that the Lutheran Hospital financial counselor estimates the total cost of Alegria's hospitalization and then takes our situation and case to the hospital CFO.  He then offers a settlement amount contingent upon our paying cash the day of the surgery.  The challenging part is that I need to get this presubmitted to Samaritan Ministries before the end of the month if we are to receive the money needed BEFORE the surgery.  This is not the way the hospital typically works, so we are really rushing the entire system to get everything done on the timeline needed.  All of Ali's other hospitalizations have been negotiated and worked out fine in the end, but it does make a bit anxious while we wait.  I need to daily be following up with financial counselor right now to make sure Ali's surgery stays at the forefront.  Please pray this process moves swiftly and smoothly, and also please pray for me that I am continually reminded of God's provision for our every need.


Thanks,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment