Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ali decides to try to drink out of a cup :-)

I know the picture quality is poor (it was taken on my phone without a flash) but I was just too excited not to share.  This morning my son made me my typical cup of hot tea, and not atypically I got busy and forgot about it until it had cooled.  I was holding Alegria when I finally sat down to drink it and Ali grabbed the cup and pulled it to her mouth.  She is very curious these days and usually tries to grab anything I am holding (she is especially fond of my cellphone!)  So anyway she grabs the cup and pulls it to her mouth.  She doesn't tip it up though so she isn't getting any liquid.  I slightly tipped the cup just so that the tea touched her lips to see how she would react, and she loved it.  She continued playing with my cup and the tea for probably 15 minutes.  I don't think she really managed to drink much, but she did make a big mess just like the rest of our children the first time they tried to drink out of a cup.  I don't know that she has the stamina yet to really work on learning to drink orally, but she certainly has the curiosity, and I am hopeful this is a new step in her development!

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Ali!!! :) Thanks for sharing the cute photo!

    ReplyDelete