As we try to settle back into routine, I don't expect to update quite as frequently unless we are in the midst of a crisis. Alegria is still doing well, and we are enjoying being home! She has been very fussy this week and has thrown up a bit more, but she has been home and has not had any major episodes, so it has been another restful week!
Sunday Alegria even got to venture out with the rest of the family to Grandma's house for the afternoon (this is the first time since birth she has gone anywhere other than to doctor's appointments or hospital visits!) It was very nice and very encouraging, a bit complicated getting there (I think I counted 6 different bags of equipment and supplies), but well worth the effort!
We are also getting more sleep at night. Since we have the monitors now, I feel more comfortable sleeping. And since we are not working with the bottle yet, I am not trying to keep the feedings 2 hours apart through the night anymore (so she is feeding more like every 4 hours through the night.) The first half of the night usually goes fairly smoothly now, but often it still is challenging from there.
Next week Al, Alegria, and I go back to Ft. Wayne on Tuesday. We will be meeting with the neurologist to go over some test results, and then back to the surgeon for a post-op check and to discuss which type of g-button (bard or Mic Key) we will be switching to next month.
Please continue to pray Alegria will not have any more major episodes of apnea and that God would help her to grow healthy and strong.
Thanks,
Jill


Thank you so much for keeping us updated on little Alegria. I don't know how you manage all you do except through the Lord's help. We continue to pray for you all- Love, The Beerys
ReplyDeleteShe looks so cute and chubby in this picture, Jill. What a little darling! I love the double chin.
ReplyDelete