Friday, May 15, 2009

Alegria Updates 5/15

Alegria seems be doing much better. I have now eliminated both dairy and gluten from my diet, and that seems to be working much better for her. She still does occasionally have reflux and even more rarely projectile vomiting, but both are infrequent now.

This weeks highlights...

Alegria continues to grow stronger. She is beginning to try to lift both her head a shoulders up when laying down! (Her neck muscles have seemed very weak previously, so this is very exciting!)

She seems to be gaining coordination in her hands as she has started pulling my hair this week and she has also yanked on her g-tube a few times now!

Alegria also has hit 10 lbs now!!! (actually 10 lbs 3 oz on Tuesday) So she has gained almost 4 lbs since birth!

And in one of the most treasured times this week, she actually nursed for about 5 minutes!

Prayer requests...

Next Tuesday Alegria gets her g-tube switched from the PEG tube to the Bard Button. It is supposed to be fairly painful to change. Please pray for her comfort and that the procedure will go well.

Also I have been fighting a clogged duct, possible mastitis, and insufficient milk supply. I would appreciate prayers that I can get all this worked out so that I can continue feeding Ali milk.

Thanks for your continued prayers and encouragement,
Jill

2 comments:

  1. Our prayers will be for both of you. It's so great to hear that she has gained weight.

    Love always,

    Mita and Pito

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for all of you and for Alegria today as she has her procedure. I was so happy to read about her progress! My mom and I both thought she looked like she was doing very well in the last video you posted.

    I'll pray about your milk issues, too--I know that's hard.

    Our church continues to pray for Ali often. It's wonderful that all of you were able to go to church on Mother's Day. Ali looked so pretty in her little bonnet and dress. :)

    Hope all is going well today!

    ReplyDelete