Between Christmas and New Years I was looking for some new music to listen to while I work. I happened to find Steven Curtis Chapman's new album on sale for only $5. After downloading it, I ended up just playing all of the Steven Curtis Chapman songs in our library. And after listening to the new album, the media player went straight into Beauty Will Rise. It has been months since I've played that album...
And suddenly I was taken back and all of those emotions that I have involuntarily stuffed deep down inside, now instead flowed out and overwhelmed me. And I sat struggling to focus on the wire harness I needed to finish drawing on the computer.
Piercing, Intense, Powerful, Painful
Yet therapeutic, medicinal, and healing.
It was then that I realized how much music was like an access port to my grief. It broke down the walls I am so often tempted to build and let me just face my pain.
I am once again thankful for the beautiful songs that Steven Curtis Chapman has written. Brutally honest, painfully real, but joyfully hopeful songs.
Yes I miss my little girl... BUT I have hope one day to be reunited with her again.


No comments:
Post a Comment