Monday, January 30, 2012

Books, books, and more books...

(OK so actually there are only 3 books, but it did seem like a lot.)

The final Ali memory projects I have on my to do list are all books.  These have been some of the hardest and yet most healing and rewarding of all of the projects.  I am very excited to have finished making 2 of Alegria's memory books.

The first one is a baby board book for Ariel from My Custom Story.  It is full of pictures Ariel and her big sis Ali.  Ariel LOVES to see pictures of Ali and now she can have her own book full of those pictures.  It is also a wonderful way to always remind Ariel of the very special relationship she Ali shared. I am excitedly waiting to receive the finished product!!!

The second book came about rather suddenly.  Al and I both are at a point we are ready to start taking down some of the collages which have been hanging on the wall since the funeral.  Right now hanging in the living room there are 6 different 20"x30" frames filled with the small 4"x6" photos of Ali.  As much as I love all the pictures, we both find we just don't really look at the small pictures on the wall anymore.  They are just too small to see well from across the room, and so we have decided we would rather enjoy a few large pictures decorating the wall rather than the collages.  Since we do love the photos we don't just want to put them away forever either, so we agreed a digital scrapbook would be a wonderful idea.  I looked at the Shutterfly last Thursday to see about any sales going on and I found that their large digital scrapbooks were on sale at 50% off for 1 week!!  I was so excited I immediately started working on compiling the photos into the book.  Thursday night and Friday night I spent piecing together the pages.  Tonight I put the finishing touches on it and got it ordered!  And it should be here in time for her birthday party too!!!  Here is a sneak peek at the title page to the book...



And I am still working on a third book. I've mentioned it here before. This is the BIG one; the most time consuming and the hardest. This final book is a compilation of this blog into a book.  It is a pouring out of my heart.  Thankfully I have finally started working on it again and I am about 15 pages into the book.  I expect the book to be between 100-200 pages when it is finished.  The work on the book is very healing.  I am reminded of so many memories as I refine and sculpt those pages.  I am reminded of Ali, of our faithful friends, and of our awesome God.  I still have a long ways to go on this final book.  I hope to finish it before summer, but I also realize it isn't something I can rush either.  It is just another part of this journey through grief.




1 comment: