Friday, September 23, 2011

Ali's Gravestone...

... IS ORDERED!!!!

I am so excited that today I finally ordered Ali's stone.  It should be here in 4-6 wks!

I am also very thankful that the father of one of my childhood friends will be pouring the concrete footer for it.

I have worked long and hard designing this stone and I am very excited about the design.

Can you tell I am excited? ;-)

The one thing my husband Al really wanted was Alegria's picture carved on the stone, so we will have the picture from her obituary on her stone.

Sometime back, I saw a gravestone for a little boy with another chromosomal disorder on his blog at http://teamcarterjay.blogspot.com. Carter was 14 months old when he passed away.  On his stone were his hand and foot print. I LOVED it! It was so PERFECT!!!  I knew that I really wanted Ali's prints on her stone too.  When Ali passed away, I knew I wanted the clay impressions of her hand and foot made and so I specifically requested them in the PICU, but for some reason I honestly didn't really care about having the actual prints.  I am SO thankful our wonderful nurses went ahead and did them for us!  Now Ali's handprint and footprint will be able to go on the stone!!!

More than one person has said they would like to see a picture of the stone.  I certainly plan to post a photo of it as soon as it finished!!!  I thought about posting the preview, but I think I'll just wait until we have the real thing. :-D

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you liked the idea! It is absolutely my VERY favorite part of his headstone. I put my hand on them every single time I visit. I hope you find that same comfort. Many prayers!

    ReplyDelete