That is how much Alegria has gained since being sick! This is a HUGE praise. Just last week I asked for prayer that God would give me wisdom and also enable Ali to gain weight and He certainly has answered that prayer mightily! I have been praying He would help Ali to gain an ounce/day and she has been exceeding that!!! Just a few more ounces and she will have regained all the she had lost! PRAISE GOD!!!! This is usually such a huge battle for her!
After being sick, we made some changes to her blenderized diet. We have increased her fat and protein intake by adding egg yolk, olive oil, and coconut milk yogurt. We also added supplemental digestive enzymes. These all are working together wonderfully to help her grow.
The best part is seeing how much better she is feeling too. Ali woke up FULL on energy this morning. She was happily squirming all over the place.
We have decided to keep Ali home still one more week to let her hopefully finish gaining back the weight she lost and grow a little stronger before potentially exposing her to any of the sicknesses going around right now. Hopefully we will all be back at church next week.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Praise the Lord for answered prayer! I am so glad Ali is doing so well. I'm also very happy that you were able to recover the data from your digital scrapbook! It would have been awful to lose something you worked so hard on.
ReplyDeleteDigestive enzymes are great! Recently I noticed that our elderly dog had lost weight, even though we hadn't changed his diet. I added enzymes to his food, and he gained 2 pounds in about a week (and he's only a 15 pound dog!).