Ali had a rough weekend last weekend. She was very obviously miserable with the combination of her g-tube site and upper respiratory infection. Saturday night she was feverish and very restless. I was so thankful her daddy was home to help by holding her and comforting her! It helped to calm MY restlessness and anxiousness!
Thank you all for the suggestions on treating Ali's yeasty rash around her g-tube!! This week I finally decided I needed to replace her g-tube as I had tried everything else to help her ouchy site. Everything else seemed to help briefly only to worsen shortly thereafter. FINALLY thankfully her skin is starting to heal and improve. She seems to go through g-tubes faster now, and when I pull them the balloon is always significantly lopsided- making it obvious why we keep fighting leakage. I haven't completely figured out why the balloon is getting lopsided or how to prevent that though. Any one else ever seen the balloon buttons do that?
As far as the respiratory infection goes, that is improving too. Ali's lungs continue to sound perfectly clear thankfully. She still has a terribly hard cough, but it has become more and more sporadic- the worst of it is around bedtime. This has reaggravated her reflux, but overall she is doing fairly well with it all.
I am hoping and praying everyone will be healthy when this new little one arrives soon!!!
Jill
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are in my thoughts as you await the arrival of your new baby! I'll be praying that you'll all be well and healthy.
ReplyDelete