Saturday, September 5, 2009

Weekend of firsts...

Last weekend we had a very nice and relaxing weekend which included some new firsts for Alegria.

After Alegria's 2nd apnea episode the pulmonologist prescribed a car bed until Ali could support her head herself. Last weekend she moved up to a big girl car seat :) She could not use an infant car seat as they are not good for children with reflux issues (as we found out after apnea episode #1)!













Also last weekend we did all of our weekly grocery shopping together as a family. This may not seem like much, but it is one of the things I have missed over the last 6 months. I put Ali in the Moby wrap and strapped the feed pump back on my back, so I was able to easily feed her while shopping! This was the first time we tried using the feeding pump away from home, and it was wonderful! I didn't get a picture, but will post try to take one next time :)

Al has had a much needed weekend, and we have been enjoying the time together. We all went into to town and enjoyed some time playing at Jane's Park.
Over the couple weeks, Alegria has also started frequently reaching for rattles and other noisy toys placed in front of her. Everyone (especially her siblings) enjoy watching her play!



















Here is just a cute picture too :-)


Jill

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad last weekend was a great one for you and the family :) Hopefully this is a good sign that you will be able to have more family outings. I loved seeing the pictures. Hoping the rest of this weekend is a good one for you too.

    Love,
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete