I do not think I will ever again take for granted the ease and convenience of nursing a baby. I have asked for prayers for my milk supply issues, and thankfully things have been improving. I am now making literally just enough milk to meet Ali's needs. Unfortunately, we inevitably spill milk DAILY! Whether I fall asleep while pumping and drop the bottles, or Alegria pulls out her tube in the middle of a feed, we seem to end up losing about the equivalent of 1 feed per day. The beginning of the week, I spilled the equivalent of about 1 1/2 feeds all at once while pumping, and I needed to defrost the last of my reserves. I was very frustrated to say the least.
I was once again reminded that it is God who provides for us, and I asked him to provide the much needed milk. (James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.) Since then, I have not had any significant milk spills, and I actually have about one to two feeds already pumped ahead of schedule.
Praising God yet once again for His provision,
Jill
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


keeping all of you always in our prayers ... Don't forget that God will always provide for all our needs ... so happy to hear about all the good news ... keep up the good work ... you guys are doing great !!!! sister
ReplyDelete