Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Still Recuperating...

Well, Ali and I are both still recuperating... slowly but surely!  We both are still coughing, but thankfully less frequently and the coughing fits are also getting shorter.  I can now talk without having a coughing fit (most of the time!)  Thankfully this time I seemed to have a much harder time with the respiratory infection than Ali.  I am still greatly looking forward to us both being healthy again. 

The summer seems to have quickly passed by and now I am trying to get ready for the new baby expected in approximately 8 weeks.  There seems to be a bit more to negotiate this time and I would greatly appreciate prayers that God would help to get all of our plans in order. We seem to have sufficient help lined up to meet Alegria's needs PRAISE GOD, but now we are running into issues with trying to find help for caring for the other children.  :-/  My mom normally tries to watch all of the other children when I am in labor, but has had more difficulty taking time off work lately... sooo that leaves us without someone to watch the other children if I should go into labor during the day.  Maybe the baby would just be extremely accommodating and decide to be born at home in the middle of the night ;-)  Regardless we still need a plan for the other children (and maybe a backup plan or two from the way things are looking).

Alegria has been doing wonderful despite fighting a respiratory infection.  She is so active and curious these days.  She LOVES being on her feet even though she has no balance or coordination yet- still it is fun to see her try!  She also is doing so much better now that we have switched her to a totally blenderized diet.  We are quickly making progress at increasing both the rate and dose at which she feeds- progress that had practically come to a halt since she got sick earlier this year.  She still isn't regaining much weight yet, but if we are able to continue increasing her feeds, I am sure it will only be a matter of time.  I frustratedly made a comment about how small she is even compared to other kids with T13 and my husband quickly pointed out, but look at how healthy she is!  Yes I am very thankful for healthy she is.  I can't say that I know of any other kids with T13 who are not on any medications- she is doing remarkably well!!!  I continue to hope and pray though that God will help her to grow healthy and strong and that He will help her to start gaining weight well too :-)

Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement!
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment